NO YOGA THIS SATURDAY, 6/12 – SORRY!! Yoga teacher had to head out of town for an emergency. We will resume next week.
Gym brunch this Saturday, 6/12 at the District SPR at noon. Hope to see you there! Sig others welcome!
** If you don’t see your name on the new MOM (member of the month) board, write it on the sign up sheet to the left and we will add you. May Mom will be announced this week – sorry for the delay!
For those already signed up, write your goal on the board with a date you hope to complete it by and when you achieve it, you earn 20 extra points!
CrossFit Salt De Terre – CrossFit
Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
10 Min EOMOM
With a Partner, Alternate minutes to complete as many Rope Climbs as possible. One partner works for a full min, then they switch so each person works for 5 full minutes.
If you do not have rope climbs, perform this same sequence with up downs or chin-ups. If you are uncomfortable sharing a rope, opt for the chin-up option.
Max Distance Row in 30 Min
Alternate every 250 M.
After each 1000 M, one partner must perform a 100 M Farmers Carry (first stop sign and back into gym). You do not have to stop rowing while farmers carry is being performed.
Choose a partner that can use the same weights as you to ensure we have enough equipment. Wipe down kettlebell handles after use so your partner is grabbing a clean set of handles.
Kettle Bell Warm-Up (No Measure)
450 M Run, then . . .
Grab 1 light to medium weight kettlebell, dumbbell or odd object and then . . .
1. Hold kettlebell in right hand, hinge at hips and round back letting lats expand, move kettlebell in small circular motion, 10 each direction, then same on other arm
2. 10 around the body swings/hand offs, right
3. 10 around the body swings/hand offs, left
4. 10 total figure eights (partial squat, pass kettlebell between legs while keeping chest up)
5. 10 Romanian (straight leg) deadlifts
6. 10 Russian (to eyes) kettlebell swings
7. 10 American kettlebell swings
8. 10 Single arm Russian swings, right
9. 10 Single arm Russian swings, right
10. 10 Goblet squats (can pause in bottom if you like)
11. 5 Push Press with wrist twist (twist out, twist in), right
12. 5 Push Press with wrist twist, left
13. 10 Goblet Squats, jump out of bottom
Then . . . proceed to lift specific warm-up.
*** Time permitting, you can also have athletes play the kettlebell game where they each grab 2 kettlebells and set them up in a line running from the front to the back door (so there is enough room for athletes to perform a plank on either side of the line). Then, have athletes partner up, set up in a plank on opposite sides of the line (same end), and race down the line, touching each kettlebell with both hands. Perform 2-3 times.