On 2/11, from 4:15 to 6:15, Chiropractor, Gianpaolo Passeggiata of Southeast Orthopedic Specialists will be at the gym offering free. Gianpaolo will be set-up on the Muay Thai side of the space and give a short spiel about his offerings before the 4:30 and 5:30pm classes.
Show Yourself Some Love Nutrition Challenge starts 2/15! Sign up sheet is in the gym. Rules and how to play can be found at the gym and on our FB group.
To book your challenge consultation with Dietitian, Alice, use this link:
Anyone looking to play must:
1. Find a partner
2. Sign Up following the instructions in the gym/on FB
3. Submit their info to [email protected] ( instructions for what to send in the gym/on FB)
4. Do their consultation
5. Bring $20 cash to the gym to contribute to the prize “pot”
We will be doing a de-briefing via FB Live on 2/12 at 5pm.
CrossFit Salt De Terre – CrossFit
Back Squat (7-7-7-5-3-7-5-3)
55% x 7
65% x 7
75% x 7
80% x 5
85% x 3
75% x 7
80% x 5
85% x 3
Take 20 min on this. Oh yeah these percentages are heavier than a few weeks back!
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
18 Min Partner AMRAP
While Partner 1 performs a 500 M Row . . .
Partner 2 performs AMRAP of:
36 Russian Kettlebell Swings (53/35)
12 Shoulder to Overhead (115/75)
4 Pistol Squats with Kettlebell (per side/8 total)
Score is total rounds + reps between both partners.
Please wipe handles of rower between uses and use your own kettlebell and barbell for AMRAP.
L1: Light KB, Light BB, narrow stance squats
L2: 35/25, 95/65, pistols to bench or bodyweight pistols
L4: 70/53, 155/105
Pistol Squats with Kettlebell:
*** If you are feeling really frisky, try the option shown at min 2! They get harder from there 😉
Kettle Bell Warm-Up (No Measure)
450 M Run, then . . .
Grab 1 light to medium weight kettlebell, dumbbell or odd object and then . . .
1. Hold kettlebell in right hand, hinge at hips and round back letting lats expand, move kettlebell in small circular motion, 10 each direction, then same on other arm
2. 10 around the body swings/hand offs, right
3. 10 around the body swings/hand offs, left
4. 10 total figure eights (partial squat, pass kettlebell between legs while keeping chest up)
5. 10 Romanian (straight leg) deadlifts
6. 10 Russian (to eyes) kettlebell swings
7. 10 American kettlebell swings
8. 10 Single arm Russian swings, right
9. 10 Single arm Russian swings, right
10. 10 Goblet squats (can pause in bottom if you like)
11. 5 Push Press with wrist twist (twist out, twist in), right
12. 5 Push Press with wrist twist, left
13. 10 Goblet Squats, jump out of bottom
Then . . . proceed to lift specific warm-up.
*** Time permitting, you can also have athletes play the kettlebell game where they each grab 2 kettlebells and set them up in a line running from the front to the back door (so there is enough room for athletes to perform a plank on either side of the line). Then, have athletes partner up, set up in a plank on opposite sides of the line (same end), and race down the line, touching each kettlebell with both hands. Perform 2-3 times.